Top 3 Magnetic Turbo Trainer Under £200
Turbo trainers are a great way to use your bike to exercise indoors, offering all of the same benefits without having to cope with the weather and other external elements. Fortunately, you don’t need to spend a lot to acquire one, as there are many premium models available for less than £200.
Of course, a growing market also makes it harder to find the best options. To help you make the best selection, here is a run-down of the 3 best turbo trainers under £200 currently available.
Tacx Booster Magnetic Trainer Review – Our Number 1
The Tacx Booster Ultra High Power Folding Magnetic Trainer (learn more here!) is a device that has plenty to offer. Whether you’re looking for practical power or a range of customisable features to enhance your experience, this trainer has both needs covered. Its many unique features include:
- This piece of equipment comes with software for your laptop or PC, allowing you to customise your experience and get the most out of each workout.
- The magnetic resistance offers a smooth, yet firm, level of resistance, ensuring that you always get something to push through.
- Similarly, this can be adjusted using a convenient handlebar level.
- When it comes to braking, this device has 10 different positions and can achieve a maximum braking power of 1050 watts – perfect for when you need to suddenly stop.
- Similarly, it can reach a sprinting power of 900 watts.
- As an added bonus, many of these parts are made from biodegradable plastic.
Aside from the smooth resistance settings, this trainer has plenty of features to help replicate an authentic cycling experience. If that wasn’t enough, its sheer power, as well as its software, helps to give even the most professional of cyclists some useful versatility.
Features: Comes With Software – Magnetic Resistance – Handlebar Resistance Lever – 10 Braking Positions – 1050 Watt Braking Power – 900 Watt Spring Power – 750 CC Bottle Capacity – 61 x 50.8 x 20.3CM – 10KG
ELITE Novo Force Review – Number 2
Designed for bikes across an extensive range of sizes, the ELITE Novo Force Turbo Trainer offers a product that is quick and easy to use, allowing you to get on with cycling. Here’s a look at what it has to offer:
- This is a very adjustable product, able to support wheels between 24 and 29 inches in size.
- This also means it is capable of holding BMX wheels.
- Similarly, there are 5 levels of adjustment, allowing you to quickly get the setting that most benefits your needs.
- The quick release system allows for an easy set-up and finish.
- Alongside offering great magnetic resistance, this turbo trainer also offers to reduce plenty of noise, as well as cutting tyre wear by 20% with its ElastoGEL rollers (when compared to traditional metal variants).
- Its overall design makes set-up easy, as well as finishing and disconnecting the trainer.
To surmise, everything about this product is designed to offer simplicity, yet it is also designed to offer a long lasting option. This makes for some fantastic value for money.
Features: 5 Levels Of Adjustment – Magnetic Resistance – Quick Release Skewers – Fits 24-29 Inch Wheels – Noise Reduction – Tyre Wear Reduction
HealthLine Magnetic Trainer Review – Number 3
Designed with larger bikes in mind, this turbo trainer has a number of useful features that ensure you still get the maximum experience, even when indoors. It’s most noteworthy inclusions include:
- This trainer fits 26-27 inch wheels, making it useful on larger bicycles.
- With 5 levels of adjustment, you can easily customise the resistance to suit your needs and style.
- Likewise, the resistance is magnetic, helping to offer a stable and consistent experience.
- The design also incorporates a heat dissipation fan, to keep everything cool during the more intense workouts.
- The magnetic wheel roller also has noise-reduction technology, to help keep things quiet.
- If you want further customisation, this trainer also comes in 3 different colours.
In short, The HealthLine Trainer device still offers plenty of versatility at a very low cost. Whether you want customisation or just want a trainer designed for larger bike wheels, this trainer can keep you satisfied.
Features: 5 Levels Of Adjustment – Magnetic Resistance – Heat Dissipation Fan -Fits 26-27 Inch Wheels – Noise Reduction
Looking at these products, it’s clear the market has plenty to offer, even at a low budget. However, there can only be one top place and it clearly belongs to the Tacx Booster Ultra High Power Folding Magnetic Trainer. This trainer offers a full, extensive range of features, including the likes of software incorporation, which is very rare at this price range. Whether you’re an amateur or a professional cyclist, this will give you everything you need to exercise indoors.