When beads of sweat are running down your forehead while you’re cycling away into your intense workout using your turbo trainer, we know how much of a pain it is to break the steady heartbeat you worked to build up – just to be able to cool down for a bit. That’s why we’ve tried, tested and listed the top 3 floor fans for use with your turbo trainer: don’t worry about overheating anymore, and say hello to an even more realistic outdoor-indoor cycling workout.
Our #1 Pick: The Pro Breeze 20″ Chrome Floor Fan
Renowned for producing excellent quality air conditioners, dehumidifers and fans, Pro Breeze have launched a sleek looking and turbo-powered fan which works great with your turbo trainer.
- Powerful Fan: With a 120 Watt motor and circumference of 20 inches (about 50cm), air can fan out in all directions of the room. This floor fan offers a powerful cooling system for your home, making it more than ideal for the summer season; especially with temperatures rising above 30 degrees in the UK. This also makes it ideal for use with your turbo trainer, as it can simulate a realistic outdoor environment, preventing you from overheating and losing energy to continue your exercise.
- Heavy Duty: The chrome finish gives this appliance an exclusive and neutral look, facilitating its use in any room of your house , whether its a gym, your own bedroom, your office, a warehouse, or even for industrial use. It is heavy duty (weighing a solid 7kg), yet it doesn’t look clunky and rustic.
- 3 Air Flow Options: There are 3 possible options to choose from in terms of the fan speed: high, medium and low. This allows you to manipulate the power to suit your personal needs and the weather at your current location. This makes for even morer realistic simulation of an outdoor environment.
- Adjustable Head: You can tilt the fan head to almost 180 degrees upwards/downwards, allowing you to access a powerful stream of cool air specifically at the location you wish for it to reach.
- Trusted Company: Being one of the UK’s most rapidly growing air treatment brands, this product conforms to EN60335-2 and CE standards.
- Noisy: As this fan offers turbo speed cooling, it can become quite noisy, which can hinder your or other peoples’ sleep. This makes it better for individual use rather than family use. However, for industrial settings, this isn’t an issue.
- No Slow Settings: Many online reviewers have stated that the lowest setting is still too powerful for their liking. While we used it, we can confirm that this fan surely is powerful – even on its lowest setting. There isn’t as much variation in the fan speed as you would get with other wall fans or air conditioners, but this makes this product ideal for the increasingly hot summer season.
Our Final Ratings:
Value for Money: 8/10
Our #2 Pick: The Sealey HVF20S
For over 40 years, Sealey is both nationally and internationally known for production of high-quality professional tools and workshop equipment. The HVF20S is yet another manifestation of their quality and consistency in their products.
- 3 Air Speeds: Giving you full liberty to adjust the fan speed to suit your preferences, Sealey have designed this fan with 3 settings. This enables you to personalize your use with this product fully.
- Sleek and Stylish Appearance: One of our favourite things about this floor fan is it’s elegant matte black hue. Most industrial fans on the market are only available in chrome, which can become quite monotonous. The black allows this fan to fit into every environment, be it home, work or warehouse.
- Quality Materials: With a casing, guard and frame made of professional-grade steel, this fan lasts you a long period of time without any wear or tear, scratches, dents or chipping. This is one of the highlights of this product, as it has stood the test of time when we tried it out. Having bought it over 2 years ago, we’ve only found one scratch – which only happened in the last few months.
- 360° Tilt: The star feature of this product is the fan head’s ability to spin around a whole 360 degrees. This is great for use with your turbo trainer, as not everyone will have a large space to train, so sometimes it makes all the difference if we can adjust the fan in such a way where not much space is occupied, yet the job is still done. That’s one of the most beneficial features of this product.
- Extreme Power: With a 20 inch fan diameter and whopping 230V power, this fan delivers strong gusts of cool wind to help make your workouts as comfortable and realistic as possible when using your turbo trainer.
- Noisy: This fan is specified by Sealey as being manufactured for industrial use, so it may be too noisy for domestic use. For industrial environments however, this fan is perfect.
- Can’t be Mounted: This wall fan is far too heavy to be mounted onto a wall, making it not so ideal for people who are short on space in their room. For industrial environments this is not an issue, as the space available is usually quite large – so there’s no need to mount the fan onto the wall.
Our Final Ratings:
Value for Money: 9/10
Our #3 Pick: The Futura High Velocity Chrome Floor Fan
Futura are a versatile company who design all sorts of appliances ranging from Pest Control, Workshop Fixtures, Home Equipment, Air Conditioning and more.
- Sharp, Powerful Cooling: With blades made of pure, heavy-duty aluminium, the streamline design enables the blades to cut through the air and deliver high-power gusts of wind. This simulates a realistic outdoor environment, giving you a new experience with your turbo trainer.
- 3 Air Speeds: With three different fan speeds to choose from, you can change up your user experience to suit your preferences. This is a powerful fan, so the highest power may only be best for use in large rooms or industrial environments.
- 360° Tilt: This fan allows you to turn the fan head around in whatever direction you choose, making it ideal for use with your turbo trainer – especially if you’re tight on space.
- Lightweight: Unlike many other heavy-duty turbo floor fans, this one is lightwieght – making it excellent in terms of portability. You can easily move it around the room without exerting any strain on your body too.
- No Assembly Required: The fan comes assembled in the box, simply take it out and plug it in. This is a far easier method of assembly than many other floor fans on the market, which require you to attach small loose parts.
- Noisy: This is made especially for industrial or commerical environments, so it can prove to be a bit too noisy for domestic use. The ideal place to use this product is in a gym, as they tend to be the best hosts for noise and heavy-duty equipment.
- Large: This may not be the best fan to keep inside rooms where guests often sit, as it can become an eyesore due to its industrial appearance and large build.
Our Final Ratings:
Value for Money: 8/10