Cycleops Turbo Trainer Review 2015 – 2017
If you’re looking for an affordable turbo trainer that’s easy to use from the moment you own it, the Cycleops Temp Fluid Turbo Trainer (lowest price here!) has plenty to offer. Although its designed as an introductory level kit, this turbo trainer has plenty to offer beginner and seasoned cyclists alike. Let’s take a closer look at what this piece of equipment can do.
Although its designed for beginners, there are plenty of features that ensure the range of customisation and control experienced cyclists require. Here’s a closer analysis of this device’s unique offerings:
- The resistance on this device is smooth and fluid, adapting when you need it to without crudely shifting gears.
- As far as the power of resistance goes, this item can offer up to 500 watts.
- In terms of design, this product has an extra wide aspect, ensuring stability and reducing the risk of moving equipment.
- As an added bonus, the kit also comes with a mat, so you can protect your floor straight away.
- There’s also an added sweat towel. While you likely have your own, it’s a little extra touch that makes this item more welcoming for beginners.
- As far as dimensions goes, this device has a size of 50 x 70 x 40cm. As you can see, it’s not very big at all and fits into any room with ease. This also makes it rather easy to store when not in use.
- Likewise, at just 10 kg, this is a rather lightweight design that is, again, easy to handle and store.
- In terms of which bikes are suitable, there have been no problems fitting wheel sizes between 26 to 29 inches, which covers a broad range of options.
- The roller is also easily adjustable, ensuring you always have the right, secure fit.
As you can see, this has everything you could need to start turbo training with your bike indoors, as well as a number of options to encourage longevity and continued use with this product. Other touches, such as the towel and matt, make this a great all-in-one package, allowing you to get a true training experience from the start.
Using The Trainer
Upon opening this product, it’s clear the designers have thought about a cyclists needs. The towel is a great touch, but the inclusion of a mat just makes sense. Given that it comes with the turbo trainer, it goes without saying that its a good fit and saves time having to buy one later on.
As for using the device itself, there are plenty of options to please most cyclists. The resistance is good, with up to 500 watts in power, which can be controlled and changed via a remote adjuster. When you’re working out and you’re in the zone, this adjuster allows simple transitions without breaking your concentration.
In terms of practicality, this device fits wheels from 26 to 29 inches, so its great for most bikes that people use. Likewise, it has a great design that allows you to easily fit your bike and get to work. Great care has been taken to ensure this device can be set-up in no time at all. The extra wide frame, too, helps provide additional balance and, between this and the mat, new cyclists don’t need to worry about vibrations or other possibilities.
Finally, with such a small and light design, this device can fit easily into any home, as it doesn’t require too much space when not in use.
Ultimately, this is a fantastic turbo trainer for beginners, yet the Cycleops Temp Fluid Turbo Trainer also has plenty of options to keep other people happy as well. The trainer itself can be used on a variety of wheel sizes and adapts well, providing a stress-free solution. This is, in short, something many cyclists can appreciate and provides great value for money.