Bdbikes Turbo Trainer Review
If you’re looking for a worth while turbo trainer, the BDBikes Bike Magnetic Turbo Trainer (learn more here!) offers plenty, all at a low budget-price. Yet, as you will see, this device has enough features to keep most people happy, whether you’re a seasoned cyclist or an amateur taking their first steps. Here’s a closer look at what this turbo trainer can do.
- This trainer fits a wide range of standard bikes, so it is compatible with most existing equipment
- The front wheel support is noteworthy inclusion, helping to keep the entire bike stable.
- It also comes with a quick release mounting, allowing to quickly get off and put the trainer away after you are finished with it.
- The resistance is fantastic, thanks to a series of 12 magnets, offering consistency.
- This is connected to a heavy duty controller, allowing you to quickly switch up resistance during exercise.
- Similarly, there are 6 levels of resistance, allowing you vary your workout as you see fit.
- With a weight of just 7 kg, this is a very lightweight model, making it easy to set-up and store
- This device also doesn’t need to be assembled over and over. When you’re done with it, just fold it down. This smaller profile is much easier to pack away and fits anywhere.
- When folded down, its size is just 90 x 25 x 60cm.
As you can see, there are plenty of adjustable features here. Overall, great care has been taken to design a product that is quick and easy to use, as seen by its fold-able design, changeable resistance and general lightweight construction.
Using The Trainer
Straight away, it’s clear that using this product is easy. There’s no set-up or installation required, so you can simply put your bike in position and start cycling. The same can be said when you’re finished and exhausted, as you can just fold it back up and put it away in next to no time.
When using the trainer itself, however, the resistance really standards out. With 12 magnets working in opposition with each other, the level of resistance feels smooth and consistent, rather than dropping in and out of the magnets field of effect. It also creates a quiet sensation, too, since there are few mechanical components at work.
Similarly, the resistance controller is a nice feature, as it allows you to customise your experience each time. If you feel you can do more in a single session, a quick push on the switch allows you to gain more resistance. The same is true if you want to take it a little easier. In short, you don’t need to stop or get off the bike mid-session just to adjust the trainer.
When you consider that all of these features are available in a 7 kg trainer, with a collapsed size of 90 x 25 x 60cm, there is some great value here. Not least of all, the size makes it much easier to store away when not in use, as it will fit in most corners or storage areas without any problems.
What’s not to like about this bike? With 6 levels of resistance, there is enough versatility to please most cyclists, while the general design is user friendly and allows you to get on with staying in shape. Considering its small design and low price, the BDBikes Bike Magnetic Turbo Trainer offers excellent value.